A refreshing and savory salad perfect for a midday fuel
- Lettuce (Blend your favorites: butterleaf, red leaf, spinach or kale)
- 1 sweet potato sliced and halved
- 2 carrots sliced
- 1/4 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- cumin sea salt and pepper
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/4 cup tahini (for the dressing)
- 1/2 of a lemon juiced (for the dressing)
- Pinch of sea salt (for the dressing)
- 1-4 tbsp water (for the dressing depending on thinness desired)
- 2-4 drops of coconut aminos (for the dressing tamari or soy sauce can be used)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Drain the chickpeas and spread out on a baking pan.
Drizzle avocado oil, salt, pepper and cumin over chickpeas.
Bake for about 40-50 minutes or until crunchy.
While chickpeas bake, mix together dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
You can add more water to thin the dressing out or add more flavoring if desired.
Sauté sweet potato and carrots in a small pan for about 15 minutes.
Add onion and garlic to the pan and continue to sauté for 5 more minutes.
Top your choice of lettuce with the veggies, chickpeas and tahini dressing.
Calories: 488kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Sodium: 549mg | Potassium: 1025mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 28700IU | Vitamin C: 42.9mg | Calcium: 160mg | Iron: 3.6mg