Toasted Muesli with Coconut, Dark Chocolate and Macadamia Nuts
- 4 cups oats
- 1 ½ cups macadamia nuts chopped
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 3 TB maple syrup
- 2 TB coconut oil melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips 70% or higher
- 1 cup dates chopped
- Optional Toppings: Dried fruit, fresh fruit, cacao nibs or seeds.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with a Silpat (or parchment paper).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, nuts, coconut, salt and cinnamon.
- Mix well.
- Then pour the maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla extract into the mix and combine ingredients.
- *DO NOT add the chocolate chips yet; those are added after baking. If you want a little melted chocolate on top, you can add it when it comes out warm from the oven.
- Pour the mixture onto the baking sheet and bake until the oats and coconut flakes are lightly golden.
- Toss halfway, about 15 minutes, for even baking.
- Remove from the oven when done.
- Let the muesli cool completely before mixing in the chocolate chips.
- Now add the chocolate chips, dates and anything else you'd enjoy in the muesli.
- Enjoy a bowl of toasted muesli with whatever you like or just by itself.
- Store the cooled muesli in a glass dish or silicon bag.