- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 TB tahini
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp Dijon
- 1 TB maple syrup
- ¼ cup red onion diced
- ¼ cup gherkin pickle diced
- 2 TB sunflower seeds
- Pinch sea salt and black pepper
- 1 tsp capers drained and loosely chopped
- 1/4 cup celery chopped
- Place chickpeas in a mixing bowl and mash with a fork, leaving a few beans whole.
- Add tahini, garlic, mustard, maple syrup, red onion, pickle, and sunflower seeds to mixing bowl.
- Mix until combined.
- Serve with bread, rice cakes or on top of lettuce.
Pinch sea salt and black pepper.
1 tsp capers, drained and loosely chopped.
1/4 cup celery, chopped.