Oat Bran Muffins
- 1 cup flaxseed meal
- ½ cup chia seeds
- ¾ cup oat milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup soured milk 1 TB ACV or lemon juice with 1 cup oat milk
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 TB blackstrap molasses
- 2 eggs these are optional and added for more protein
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place a silicon muffin tray onto a baking sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flax meal, chia seeds, and oatmilk.
- Let soak for 10 minutes.
- Stir in maple syrup, soured milk, coconut oil, molasses, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla.
- Add the oat flour, oat bran, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Stir just until combined.
- If adding dry fruit, add it to the bowl and gently fold it into the mix.
- Divide the batter among the muffin tray.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes. until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan 5 minutes, then remove to a rack to cool.