Chocolate Avocado Brownies
- Food Processor
- Brownie Ingredients:
- 2 avocados (medium ripe avocados, skin and pit removed)
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup oat almond or coconut flour
- 1/2 cup cacao
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup cacao nibs or dark chocolate
- Chocolate Frosting Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup real maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 ounces dark chocolate chopped
- 1/3 cup cacao
- Pinch sea salt
- Brownie Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly grease an 8 x 8 baking dish with coconut oil.
- In a food processor, add the avocado and maple syrup. Blend until smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix well until the ingredients are blended.
- Gently add in the flour, baking soda, salt, cacao and mix until combined.
- Turn off the processor and remove the blade.
- Stir in the cacao nibs.
- Spread the batter into the pan evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until done.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Chocolate Frosting Instructions:
- In a small pan over low heat, melt the maple syrup, coconut oil and dark chocolate.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the cacao and pinch of sea salt.
- Pour the frosting over the brownies. Drizzle or spread in an even layer.