Creamy Cannellini with Basil & Chive Oil
- Herb Oil Ingredients:
- ½ cup chives chopped
- 1 cup basil leaves chopped
- ½ cup EVOO
- 2 TB fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and Pepper to taste
- Creamy Cannellini Ingredients:
- 2 TB EVOO
- 4 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 2 cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup veggie broth
- Herb oil Instructions~
- In a food processor or small blender, combine chives, basil and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add olive oil and pulse again until mixture is silky and emulsified.
- Transfer to a small bowl. Stir in lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Creamy Cannelllini Instructions~
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until translucent, about 1 minute.
- Add beans to the skillet and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the flavors have melded, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- With the back of a spoon, smash about 1/2 cup of the beans and stir until they are incorporated into the rest of the bean mixture.
- Add broth and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Cook until sauce becomes creamy and is reduced by about half, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Add a few more tablespoons of broth, if needed, to reach desired consistency and stir again to combined.
- Transfer beans to a bowl and swirl with herb oil on top.
- Enjoy every bite!