- 4 cups apple cider Fresh Organic
- 4 whole black peppercorns
- 6 cinnamon sticks 2 for boiling and 4 for the mugs
- 3 whole dried cloves
- 1 star anise
- 1 orange sliced thin
- 1 apple sliced thin (honeycrisp, fuji and golden delicious are good for cider)
- Place cider, peppercorns, 2 cinnamon sticks, cloves and star anise in a medium saucepan.
- Cut a large peel from the orange and add it to the pan.
- Bring the cider mixture to a boil and lower the heat.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cut the orange into thin slices and add a slice to each mug.
- Cut the apple into thin slices and add a slice to each mug.
- When done, strain the cider into a large glass measuring cup or bowl and discard the solids.
- Pour the hot cider into the mugs or heatproof glasses.
- Serve the cider hot with a cinnamon stick in each glass.
- Enjoy your hot and delicious mug of cider!