Nuts About Tacos
- Taco Shell and Toppings:
- 1 heart of romaine
- 1/2 avocado sliced into chunks
- 1 tomato chopped into chunks
- ½ red onion chopped
- ⅓ bunch cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Taco Filling:
- 2 cups nuts walnuts and cashews
- 1 TB cumin
- ½ TB coriander
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic
- ½ tsp paprika
- Pinch cayenne
- Pinch onion salt
- Taco filling:
- Put the nuts in a food processor and process just until chunky.
- Or use a knife and chop nuts into small pieces.
- Put the chopped nuts into a bowl and mix in the spices.
- Add the tamari and mix until combined.
- Taco shell and toppings:
- Arrange romaine pieces on plates and spoon the taco filling onto each wedge.
- Top with tomatoes, onion, cilantro and avocado.
- Squeeze lime juice over the tacos.