Mung Bean Patties
- 2 cups cooked mung beans
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 red onion diced
- 1/2 cup parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chives chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 lemon juice only
- Sea salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a food processor, pulse the mung beans until they form a chunky paste.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chickpea flour, spices, salt and pepper.
- Add the mung bean paste, minced garlic, coconut oil and lemon juice to the dry mix and combine well using a large spoon.
- Fold in the chives, parsley, onion and spices.
- Add a splash of water if the mix is dry.
- Taking a large handful, shape the dough into a large patty and place it on a baking sheet.
- Place the patties in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove and flip each patty. Return them to the oven to bake for 20 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy warm patties on a plate of greens or wild rice.