Pan-Fried Sesame Tofu with Broccoli
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu drained and dried
- 2 TB cornstarch
- ½ TB sesame oil
- 1 TB coconut oil
- FOR THE SAUCE
- ¼ cup tamari or coconut aminos
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tsp raw honey
- 1-2 tsp srirachi depending on how hot you like it
- 4-6 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 TB cornstarch
- 1-2 TB Black and white sesame seeds
- 1 cup Green onions chopped
- 2 cups Broccoli steamed
- Slice the tofu into 1-2 inch cubes and place into a large bowl.
- Sprinkle cornstarch on top and gently toss to ensure all tofu pieces are covered.
- Bring a large skillet to medium-high heat and then add sesame and coconut oil.
- Once oil is heated up, add the tofu to the skillet and let brown on all sides.
- While the tofu is browning, you can quickly make the sauce.
- Next, whisk together the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Once the tofu has browned and crisped, add the sauce to the skillet.
- It should start to thicken immediately.
- Toss the tofu around to coat and then remove from the heat.
- Serve and enjoy!