Parnsip, Potato & Bean Crumble
- 3 potatoes trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 parsnips, divided 2 peeled and chopped into 1-inch pieces and 2 coarsely grated
- 3 TB avocado oil
- 6 TB thyme, fresh leaves divided into 3 TB and 3 TB
- 1 cup Oat creme fraiche
- 4-6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lemon Zest of one lemon
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 3 cans white beans drained and rinsed (Cannelinni and Northern beans)
- Crumble Topping:
- ¾ cup oats
- 3 TB thyme
- ½ cup chickpea flour
- 2 TB pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup parsnip grated and set aside for topping
- 3 TB EVOO
- * Optional: ¼ cup Parmesan or try my recipe: https://thewholefoodnut.com/recipes/parmesan-nut-cheese/
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Prepare a baking pan with a silpat or parchment paper.
- Toss the chopped potatoes and 2 chopped parsnips with avocado oil, 3 Tb thyme, and salt and pepper.
- Place the veggie mix onto the baking pan.
- Roast for 20-30 minutes, until the veggies are cooked all the way through.
- Once the parsnips and potatoes have softened, remove from the oven.
- Prepare the cream mixture:
- Mix all (but ½ cup) of the grated parsnips in a bowl with the oat cream, garlic, lemon zest, ACV, broth, and beans.
- *Remaining ½ cup of parsnips are used for the topping.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the parsnips and potatoes with the bean and oat cream mixture.
- Then put the entire mixture back onto the baking pan.
- In a separate bowl, make the crumble topping.
- Using your fingertips, rub the oats, oil, flour, and pumpkin seeds together.
- Add the remaining ½ cup of grated parsnip and 3 TB thyme leaves.
- Continue until it starts to clump together.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping over the veggie mix on the baking pan.
- *Optional: Sprinkle 1/4 cup parmesan nut cheese on top and return to the oven for 30 minutes.
- *You can try my recipe: https://thewholefoodnut.com/recipes/parmesan-nut-cheese/
- Remove from the oven when done and let it sit a few minutes.
- Enjoy warm, fresh out of the oven!