Quinoa Nut & Seed Brittle with Dark Chocolate
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 TB coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup mixed nuts chopped (cashew, pecan, macadamia)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 TB chia seeds
- 8-12 ounces dark chocolate 70% or higher
- Line a large baking sheet with a silpat or parchment paper.
- Mix the maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the quinoa, nuts and seeds.
- Mix well until fully combined.
- Spread the quinoa mix evenly in a thin layer across the lined baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, until the edges begin to caramelize.
- While the brittle is baking, melt the chocolate.
- Place the chocolate in a double broiler, small pot or microwave bowl and slowly melt the chocolate.
- Once melted set it aside.
- When done, remove the brittle from the oven.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the top of the brittle.
- When the baking pan has cooled, place in the fridge for 30 minutes until the chocolate hardens.
- Once it’s hardened, break the brittle into chunks (any size you want).
- Store it in a glass container at room temperature.