Silken Soy No Bake Cake
- For the crust:
- 1 cup dates *see note
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- ½ cup hazel nuts
- ½ cup pecans
- 2 TB coconut oil melted
- 2 TB maple syrup
- For the filling:
- 1 lb. silken tofu drained
- 1/2 cup raw cashews raw
- 1/3 cup lime juice fresh squeezed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted (added after the other 5 ingredients are blended)
- Crust Instructions:
- Put all crust ingredients into a food processor and pulse until you have small crumbs.
- Using a large spoon, scoop and press the crust mixture evenly into a pie pan or glass dish.
- Put the crust in the fridge or freezer for a few hours to firm up.
- Filling Instructions:
- Put the first 5 filling ingredients into a blender and mix until smooth.
- Then add the coconut oil, while the blender is running, for a thick and creamy filling.
- Pour the filling into the pan with crust and spread it with a spatula.
- Put the cheesecake in the fridge overnight or for at least 2 hours to chill and set.
- When ready to enjoy, remove from the fridge and cut a slice for yourself!
You can soak the dates in warm water for 10 minutes to soften them. It makes it easier to blend but not necessary. Any nut mix will do. Just use what you have on hand and enjoy. Both the crust and filling will soften at room temperature so make sure to not keep it out too long. If you want to keep it longer, you can put it in the freezer a few days until ready to enjoy. You just need to take it out a few hours to soften before eating.