Whipped Frozen Coconut Lemonade
- Lemon Simple Syrup
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup water
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ½ cup lemon juice freshly squeezed (about 2 lemons)
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 ½ cups ice cubes
- Simple syrup:
- Bring sugar and water to a simmer in a pot over medium heat.
- Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Stir in lemon zest and remove from heat.
- Cover and let steep for 1 hour.
- Then strain the syrup through a sieve; discarding the zest.
- Whipped lemonade:
- Add 1/2 cup simple syrup, lemon juice, coconut milk and ice to a blender.
- Blend until the ice is crushed and the mixture is slushy.
- Divide between 4 8-ounce glasses and serve immediately.
You can use chilled glasses with this cold drink. You’ll have extra simple syrup; refrigerate for up to 1 week.