Whole Grain Puff Breakfast Bars
- 2 cups puffed oats cereal
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 TB Chia seeds
- 1/2 cup nuts walnuts, cashews, pecans, macadamia
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds or pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips 70% or higher
- 3/4 cup dates chopped fine into small pieces
- 1/4 cup raw honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup nut butta
- Use a square glass dish (8 x 8) and coat with a light layer of coconut oil.
- In a small pot over low heat, blend the nut butta and raw honey until smooth.
- Remove pot from the stove and stir in the finely chopped dates.
- In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients first. (puffs, oats, chia seeds, nuts and seeds).
- Add the date mixture to the dry mix and blend together. Get ready for an upper body work out!
- Next add the dark chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Freeze the dish for about 30 minutes until the bar becomes solid.
- Remove from the freezer and cut into pieces.
- Store the bars in an airtight container in the fridge.