Crispy Crunchy Tamari Tofu
- 1 12- oz. block firm tofu drained and dried
- ¼ cup tamari
- 3 TB pure maple syrup
- 3 TB rice vinegar
- 1 TB toasted sesame oil
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- 1 pckg chickpea noodles cooked
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- ½ cup fresh herbs chopped
- Cut tofu into 1-inch cubes.
- Whisk tamari, maple syrup, rice vinegar, sesame oil and red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
- Heat avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high.
- When oil is hot, add tofu slowly (cautious to not get splattered with oil).
- Cook tofu until very crisp, about 5-6 minutes.
- When tofu is done, remove and set aside in a bowl.
- Reduce the skillet to medium heat and add the sauce.
- Cook until the sauce is thick, about 4 minutes.
- Remove sauce from the stove and pour it into a glass dish.
- Divide the tofu on plates and drizzle the sauce over each serving.
- Serve with noodles, scallions, and fresh herbs.