Dark Chocolate Nanaimo Bars
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, finely chopped or your favorite nuts
- 2 cups graham cracker crushed into crumbs
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cacao
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Miyoko’s butter melted
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Miyoko’s butter room temp
- 2 tbsp oat milk vanilla
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 6 ounces dark chocolate melted
- ¼ cup Macadamia nuts chopped
- Put all of the ingredients on the counter and separate them into 3 sections (bottom, middle, topping).
- Use a 9-inch glass dish and coat with a little bit of coconut oil.
- Put the bottom ingredients into a large bowl and mix until combined (nuts, graham crackers, coconut, cacao, butter, eggs, coconut sugar and vanilla).
- Press bottom mixture firmly and evenly into the prepared dish. Chill in the fridge while preparing the middle layer.
- Prepare the middle layer by beating the ingredients with a mixer on high speed until well combined; about 3 minutes (powdered sugar, butter, cornstarch, oat milk, vanilla, and salt)
- Spread middle mixture evenly over the chilled bottom layer.
- Now chill the 2 layered dish for at least 15 minutes.
- Prepare the topping by melting the chocolate in a double broiler or microwave bowl.
- Stir the chocolate until smooth.
- When done, you’re ready for the final layer. Spread the chocolate on top of the chilled dish.
- Sprinkle the top with macadamia nuts.
- Chill in the fridge until ready to enjoy.
- Cut into small bites, treatyoself and thank Canadians for this decadent dessert.