Kung Pao Brussels Sprouts
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts halved
- 5 TB Avocado oil divided
- Sea salt and pepper add to taste
- Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 TB Cornstarch
- 4 Garlic cloves minced
- 2 TB Ginger peeled and finely chopped
- 2 TB Hot chili paste
- 6 Dried chiles de arbol lightly crushed
- 1/2 cup Coconut aminos or tamari
- 3 TB Maple syrup
- 2 tsp Rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup cashews
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Toss brussels sprouts and 4 TB oil on a baking sheet; season with salt and pepper.
- Roast, toss once, until softened about 20-25 minutes. When done, set aside in a large bowl.
- Mix cornstarch and 1 TB water in a small bowl until smooth.
- Heat remaining 1 TB oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high.
- Add garlic, ginger, and cook, stirring often, until garlic is golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add chili paste and cook, stirring, until darkened, about 2 minutes.
- Add chiles, coconut aminos, maple syrup, vinegar and 1/2 cup water.
- Bring to a boil and then stir in cornstarch mix.
- Simmer, stirring, until sauce coats spoon, about 2 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Toss brussels sprouts with sauce and serve topped with cashews.