Lemon Lentil Soup
- 6 cups red or brown lentils, rinsed
- 4 cups canned tomatoes with juice
- 3/4 cup avocado oil
- 32 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 tbsp coarse sea salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 12 slices peeled fresh ginger
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 1/2 pounds baby spinach,
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- black pepper
- In an instantpot, combine 20 cups of water with lentils, tomatoes, oil, garlic, cayenne and salt.
- Wrap the ginger, rosemary, thyme and bay leaves in a piece of cheesecloth. Tie it closed with kitchen string and add to the instantpot.
- Lock the lid in place and select high pressure.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- When done, turn off the pressure cooker and allow the steam to release (about 10 minutes).
- Remove the lid and discard the enclosed herbs.
- Add spinach and stir until wilted.
- Stir in the lemon juice.
- Crush the garlic and stir so that all the garlic completely melts into the soup.
- Add fresh pepper, serve and enjoy!