Lemon Oatmeal Cookies
- 10 dates, pitted
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cup GF rolled oats
- 1 cup oat flour
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 2 tsp cacao
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Place the dates in a medium bowl and cover with hot water.
- Set aside to soak for 20 minutes.
- Drain any excess water from the bowl and transfer the dates to a food processor.
- Add the applesauce, lemon juice, vanilla and blend into a paste. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the rolled oats, oat flour, hazel nuts, lemon zest, cacao, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add the date and applesauce paste and mix well. The mixture should be on the dry side.
- Scoop a large tablespoon of dough, roll it into a ball and then pat it flat on a baking sheet.
- Bake until the tops of the cookies appear crispy and browned, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- 11. Enjoy!