- 1 cup dry lentils
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced thin
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 3/4 cup gluten free rolled oats finely ground
- 3/4 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- Combine lentils and veggie broth in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil, cover tightly, reduce heat and simmer until they are tender. For whole lentils, cook time is typically 15-20 minutes.
- When done, place lentils in a bowl.
- Cook the onions, carrots and garlic in the oil until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Mix the cooked ingredients with the remaining items.
- While still warm, form the mixture into patties.
- Makes 8-10 burgers depending on how big you want them.
- Heat a pan with avocado oil over medium high heat.
- Cook burgers for 2 minutes on each side.
- Enjoy the burger on a plate of greens and wild rice.