No Bake Granola Bars
- Food Processor
- 1 cup packed dates pitted (*See note)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup creamy nut butter
- 1 TB vanilla
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup cacao nibs or dark chocolate chips for topping
- Process dates in a food processor until it rolls into a ball.
- Put oats, nuts, coconut, salt and dates in a large mixing bowl.
- Warm maple syrup and nut butter in a small pan over low heat until combined.
- Pour syrup and nut butter over the oat mixture. Add vanilla and stir.
- While mixing, break up the dates if they clump together.
- Once thoroughly mixed, transfer to a glass baking dish.
- Top with cacao nibs and flatten bars by pressing down firmly with a large spoon.
- Cover and put it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- When ready, remove from the fridge, cut and divide them into bars.
- You can store bars in the fridge for the week or in the freezer for longer storage.
Note: You can soak the dates in warm water for 15 minutes to soften them.
This makes it easier when blending them in the food processer.