Spicy Bean Chili with Beyond Meat Hot Italian Sausages
- Instant Pot
- 6 cans mixed beans pinto, cannellini, great northern and red kidney
- 1 ½ cups BBQ sauce
- 1 ½ cups maple syrup
- 1 garlic bulb peeled and sliced
- 3 large onions chopped Vidalia and red
- 1 ½ tsp dry mustard
- ½ tsp cayenne
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4 Beyond Meat Hot Italian Sausages cook in skillet on medium high heat for 6 minutes. After cooled, slice into chunks.
- 2 tbsp *Avocado oil for cooking onions and garlic
- Rinse and drain the canned beans.
- Using the sauté function on your Instant Pot, heat avocado oil until shimmering.
- Add onion and sauté about 3-5 minutes, until starting to soften and brown.
- Add garlic and sauté a couple more minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid scorching.
- Turn the Sauté function off on the Instant Pot.
- Add the beans, BBQ sauce, maple syrup and 6 spices into the pot, folding them together gently.
- Secure the lid on the Instant Pot, select High Pressure for 10 minutes and hit start. Watch it closely so it doesn't burn.
- While the chili is cooking, cut up the sausage and cook it on medium high heat for 5-6 minutes in a skillet with avocado oil. Set aside and add to the chili when it's done.
- When done, make sure the pressure valve is down and the steam is released before opening.
- Open the lid and add the cooked Beyond Meat Sausages to the hot chili.
- Enjoy your big pot of plantbased chili!
Enjoy the beans with wild rice, small golden or red baked potatoes, or with a plate of greens and chips.