Peruano Bean Soup
- 1 1/4 cups Peruano Beans, soaked overnight (or 1/2 pound dried)
- 1 quart veggie stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced jalapeno
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- cilantro and chopped red pepper for topping
- Soak beans in about 4 cups of water overnight.
- Rinse well before adding to a large pot.
- Add all ingredients to a large pot. Yeah!
- Cook covered until beans are tender, about 2 1/2 hours on low.
- Remove from stove and top with cilantro and red pepper.