Sweet Potato Soup
- 1/2 lb Murasaki sweet potatoes
- 1/2 lb sweet potatoes
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 pieces tofurky bacon
- 4 cups veggie broth
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 tsp chipotle peppers
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- chopped fresh chives
- In a large pot, cook the chopped tofurky bacon for a few minutes.
- Add the chopped onion and garlic to the tofurky and saute for 5 minutes.
- If it's too dry, add a bit of avocado oil to the pot.
- Add chipotle pepper, chopped sweet potatoes and broth.
- Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook until the potatoes are tender (20-25 minutes).
- Transfer the soup to a blender or use an immersion blender in the pot.
- Add coconut milk and puree until smooth.
- Serve garnished with chives and walnuts.