Red Curry Lentils
- 4 cups brown lentils
- 2 onions, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 5 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cans organic tomato puree
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- cilantro for garnishing
- Put lentils in a large crock pot.
- Add diced onions, garlic, ginger, coconut butter, curry paste, garam masala, turmeric, raw honey and cayenne. Stir to combine.
- Pour just 1 can of tomato puree over the lentils.
- Refill the can with water twice and add to the crock pot.
- Stir to make sure that the lentils are covered with liquid.
- Cover and cook on high 3-4 hours or low 6+ hours.
- Add more water or tomato puree if the lentils are soaking up all the liquid.
- Taste and season with sea salt and pepper.
- Lentils will be soft when they are done cooking.
- Stir in the coconut milk and sprinkle with cilantro just before serving.
- Serve on a bed of warm veggies, spinach or wild rice.