Roasted Rosemary and Balsamic Beets
- 6 medium beets peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 TB rosemary finely chopped
- 2 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 TB maple syrup
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with silpat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the salt, garlic, rosemary, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup and pepper.
- Remove the stems of the beets and peel them with a vegetable peeler.
- Cut the beets in 2 inch chunks.
- Add the chopped beets and toss them with the mixture so they’re evenly coated.
- Spread seasoned beets in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Roast 35-40 minutes or until the beets are fork tender.
- Stir once or twice during roasting to make sure they cook evenly.
- Serve hot or cold.