Salted Dark Chocolate Caramel & Graham Crackers
- 1 cup graham crackers gluten free
- dark chocolate bar large dark chocolate bar melted
- Caramel sauce Ingredients:
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk room temperature
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup chickpeas cooked or canned
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Use a large glass dish or baking pan with a silpat (or parchment paper).
- Cover the pan evenly with the graham crackers and set aside.
- Make the caramel sauce: See instructions below.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over the graham crackers.
- Grind course sea salt over the caramel graham crackers.
- Melt a large dark chocolate bar (double broiler or microwave).
- Pour melted chocolate over caramel graham crackers.
- Then sprinkle the dessert with sea salt.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours, or until it’s firm.
- Break the salty chocolate caramel into big chunks.
- Caramel Sauce Instructions:
- Place all ingredients in the blender and mix until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a pot over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to medium-low heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until caramel has thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove pan from heat. Allow it to cool slightly for about 10 minutes.