Chipotle Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 chipotle
- 1 poblano pepper
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp oregano
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 package firm tofu
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Blend first 7 sauce ingredients in a food processor.
- Add next 5 ingredients to the mixture and blend until smooth.
- Set aside in a bowl for later.
- Cook crumbled tofu with oil for 3-5 minutes in large skillet. Put aside.
- In a large skillet, cook sauce for 3 minutes.
- Add fried tofu and cook 1 minute.
- Add some water, bring to boil, then simmer for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place sofritas in a burrito, romaine wedge or with wild rice.