Sourdough Pizza Crust
- Pizza Stone
- Silpat (for rolling the dough)
- Rolling Pin
- 1-1/2 cups sourdough starter
- 2 Tbsp. EVOO
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1-1/4 flour or more depending upon your sourdough starter
- Preheat the oven and pizza stone to 500°F.
- Mix together the sourdough starter, oil, salt, and flour.
- Add more flour, a little at a time, if needed to form a pizza dough consistency.
- Allow the dough to rest for 30 minutes. It will not rise significantly, if at all.
- Divide the dough into 4 balls (for thin pizza).
- Roll the dough out (with a rolling pin) into a circle using a little flour to prevent sticking.
- Remove the hot stone from the oven and place one rolled out dough onto it.
- Return the stone to the oven and bake the crust for approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the oven and brush with EVOO.
- Add your desired toppings and return the crust to the oven.
- Bake the pizza until the crust browns (about 5 minutes).
- Remove the pizza when done and enjoy a slice of your homemade pie!