- 2 cups spinach
- 2 tbsp dried basil
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese *I made Miyoko's nut parmesan, see recipe below
- 1 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Place all ingredients in a food processor.
- Pulse until combined.
- Blend mixture and add more olive oil if needed until smooth or desired texture.
- Refrigerate remaining pesto in a glass jar.
- *Nut Cheese:
- Ingredients: 1 cup pine nuts, almonds or walnuts; 1 cup nutritional yeast flakes; 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Nut Cheese Instructions: Put all ingredients in a food processor and blend until thoroughly combined. Store in a glass container in the fridge for 6-8 weeks.