Delicious served with Sourdough Croutons!
Sweet Potato Carrot Soup
- 8 cups chopped sweet potato with skin (2 pounds)
- 4 chopped carrots
- 1 large onion,
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp fresh sage
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Saute onion in avocado oil in a large pot for 3-5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add diced sweet potatoes, carrots, thyme, sage, sea salt and pepper.
- Place on medium-high heat, cover and cook 15 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent onions from browning.
- Add 4 cups vegetable broth and bring to a boil, cooking for 15 minutes or until sweet potatoes are softened.
- Using an immersion blender or food processor, puree the mixture uintil mostly smooth.
- Place soup in a bowl and enjoy with fresh chives, avocado and croutons.