- 1 medium Vidalia onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp herbs (basil, oregano, thyme)
- 29 oz whole tomatoes (canned or fresh)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Half the onion and thinly slice.
- Add to a large pan and caramelize the onions until golden brown and soft. This will take about 5-10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute for another 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add in the mixture of dried herbs.
- Put the soup into a blender and puree until it's smooth.
- Place soup back into the pan and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into bowls and enjoy!