Veggie Slaw with Creamy Cashew Dressing
- 2 small heads broccoli
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, ends trimmed
- 4 carrots
- 1 cup raisins, figs or dried currants (optional)
- 1/2 cup sunflower and sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup red onions chopped
Creamy Cashew Dressing
- 3/4 cup cashews soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes to soften. Then drain.
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tsp pure maple syrup
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- Using a food processor, grate the broccoli florets first. Place in a large bowl.
- Next, slice the brussels sprouts thinly. Add to the broccoli bowl.
- Then grate carrots in the food processor. Add to the veggie bowl.
- Cashew dressing: Add soaked cashews, water, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, maple syrup and sea salt to a high-speed blender.
- Blend on high until completely smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When ready to enjoy the slaw, add the dried fruit, sunflower/pumpkin seeds and red onions.
- Pour the dressing over the slaw and toss thoroughly to coat.