- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup water
- 1-1/2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, oregano)
- 1/2 tsp spice (chili powder, cumin, paprika)
- Whisk together the chickpea flour, water, oil & sea salt.
- Let rest 1/2 hour-2 hrs to give the flour time to absorb the water.
- Set an oven rack 6 inches below your oven's broiler.
- Put a cast iron skillet or other baking dish on the rack to warm for 5 minutes.
- Then turn on the broiler.
- Remove the skillet from the oven using oven mitts.
- Add a tsp of oil and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Whisk the chickpea batter quickly & pour half into the hot skillet. Tilt the pan so the batter coats the entire surface of the pan.
- Broil for 3-5 minutes, until you see the top of the Socca begin to brown. It should be flexible in the middle but crispy on the edges.
- Use a spatula to work under the Socca & ease it from the pan.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper & drizzle with a little oil. YUM!